Wednesday 27 April 2011

i once watched a star die through a telescope, and i thought i heard the both of them cry out

My first drabble! Get your 200 words' worth of pretentiously confusing interstellar romance right here, people. It's good for your sentimental nodes.



“You’re such an anomaly, you know.”

“Tell me how.”

“Well, you’re very bright.”

“Hah. It’s not a matter of how bright I am, just how dark the universe around me is.”

“Stop it. You really are very bright. It hurts for me to look at you.”

“And yet you just can’t keep from staring.”

“Well, you’re the biggest thing out there, you know.”

“Ha, ha, ha. Hilarious.”

“I’m here all week.”

“I know. All you ever do is sweep the sky. Aren’t there better places to aim your pretty eyes at?”

“What, like down? Nah. Wouldn’t dream of it.”

“Mm.”

“You okay?”

“Mmm.”

“Hey. Hey.”

“Mm?”

“You’re getting… brighter.”

“Thought you said I was already bright.”

“Yeah, but you’re getting even more so.”

“Strange; I feel—cold…”

“Are you okay? You look kind of worn out. And heavy.”

“I’m so tired…”

“Don’t give out. Please. Don’t give out… I was kidding about the heavy bit, I swear I was.”

“But it’s true. I feel so heavy. I can’t move anymore…”

“Oh god. Don’t do this, please!”

“So… tired…”

“You’ve held on for so long! You can hold on a little longer!”

“I’m sorry…”

“Hello?”

“…”

“Hello? Hello?

“…”

“Oh, darling.”


(WC 200)

No comments:

Post a Comment